Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Dee Brown speaks

leaning against the side of the UI pool today

FK: Dee Brown, right?
DB: Yeah man, how you doing?
FK: Cool, alright.
DB: Man, I couldn't make it the whole way down, like this (motions the front crawl), if I tried. My arms give out.
FK: Are you injured these days?
DB: Yeah, my foot's still broke.
FK: Looking forward to the season? (said just as he was starting to swim away)
DB: (stops mid-stroke) Sorry, what?
FK: Oh, it's alright. Go ahead.
DB: No, you talking about the season? What'd you say?
FK: I just asked if you were looking forward to it.
DB: Yeah, we'll be decent.
FK: Good squad this year?
DB: Yeah, we'll either be real real good, or we'll be decent.
FK: Cool, have a good one bla bla bla

4 Comments:

Blogger fred burgess! said...

I know, these aren't the most profound of conversations, but for some reason I keep running into these small-scale famous people.

I was swimming today (well, leaning up against the wall anyway), and I look up and realize that Dee Brown is leaning against the wall right next to me.

Might as well record what was said....

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was more like this:

DP: Hey, Cory Bradford, right? How's the team looking this year?

CB: No, that's Cory Bradford [pointing to Blandon Ferguson]

DP: I'm not an idiot, I know who you guys are.

CB: Yeah, you're right. I'm Cory, but this guy over here [again, pointing to Blandon Ferguson] is going to be the shit this year. [which proved to be a ridiculously false statement].

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I should add another classic interaction.

Matt Wilday sees Nick Smith sitting at the end of the bar at Kam's, smoking a cigarette.

MW: How's the asthma?
NS: Fuck off.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a super blog. I can't believe that you guys know all of these famous people. I'm from Johnson City, Tennessee, and I love the Illini too!! I can't believe Dee Brown can't swim!! Keep it up Burgess!!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home